Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows updates repair?

931 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Lollan 
#1 ·
I am currently employed as a technician fixing computers and recieve a large amount of infected computers on a daily basis. I do not have problems removing any infections as I have become quite familiar with these procedures over the years, but a very annoying and reoccuring problem is Windows Updates after said repairs. Very often, Windows Updates will fail and I will often, sadly have to reformat a computer just to get around this annoying problem. I'll get this after a repair installation most of the time as well, which is rather unfortunate. I've tried a utility, "WUFix" but that's never remedied the problem for me.

Any ideas?

#3 ·
Considering that the systems are highly infected this is something you cannot avoid sometimes. You seem to be taking the appropriate steps to repairing the system files but sometimes a repair install does not fix all.

The steps I take are:
SFC
Repair Install
Format and reinstall

Like I said, sometimes the steps we take do not work and we are left reformatting the system. If the system is pooched that bad anyhow, reformatting is the best route.

Hope this helped :smile:

#4 ·
Yes, I'll generally end up formatting, which is rather unfortunate. I've used tools in the past that download the updates via the third party application, but you have to install each individually, which takes forever and is quite a hassle. I'm really hoping there's something else out there as I really do not enjoy formatting computers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.