Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows Startup is slow(moved from hardware)

This is a discussion on Windows Startup is slow(moved from hardware) within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I log into Windows, it takes at least 2.5 minutes for my desktop to become active. I'm pretty sure

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #1

When I log into Windows, it takes at least 2.5 minutes for my desktop to become active. I'm pretty sure I don't have any programs (other than anti-virus software) opening upon startup. Is there anyway to speed up the process?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

This sounds more software related. I am going to transfer you to the XP forum.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pop-Up/Malware Problems
Alright, so, as of now, my problem is that I cannot run mozilla without getting pop ups almost every time I click a link. Most of them go to heavy.com or partypoker.com from what I can tell. A couple weeks ago, I had a virus, but since installing and running a few new updates for my virus...
wahoowa Inactive Malware Help Topics 13 09-28-2006 04:09 AM
spamming
I have avast running on my computer and the email scanner is almost always running. when I checked the details it is scanning outbound email from various internet email accounts none of which are mine and is sending over a thousand at each batch. Nothing is appearing in my outlook express sent box...
colblimp Resolved HJT Threads 11 07-18-2006 08:51 PM
Hijack log- Computer shutting down by itself
I used the hijack analyzer. ==================================================================== Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on 8/4/05 Get updates at https://www.greyknight17.com/download.htm#programs ***Security Programs Detected*** ...
gaming711 Inactive Malware Help Topics 39 09-21-2005 05:47 PM
hijack file for yieldmanager problem
Hi, I'm very new to this so please bare with me. :4-dontkno I have some kind of malware that's causing constant popups mostly from ad.yieldmanager though there are others. I've run Adware, SpyS&D, Ewido and others. Looking for any possible help with this. Thanks! Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1...
iambaytor Resolved HJT Threads 8 09-04-2005 03:45 PM
Severe Slowdown in System, Spyware suspected
Hello. I've posted asking for help before and the results were excellent, so I'm gonna post again on behalf of my mother asking for help with her system. There seems to be a severe slowdown in her system (she likens it to a car starting and stopping constantly, and likens it to some sort of...
GSUPanther2001 Inactive Malware Help Topics 9 08-23-2005 02:12 PM