Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows reinstall installation keeps repeating

This is a discussion on Windows reinstall installation keeps repeating within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Ill try to explain my roblem as clear as possible and give as much info as i can. I

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

Ill try to explain my roblem as clear as possible and give as much info as i can.

I have a hp t830.uk pavillion. I decided to do a fresh install,however i dont have the original manufactur cd's so i used another xp home edition cd(xp home edition is the operating system. The hardrive connection is sata.

When i do a fresh install,create a partition, format harddrive,it goes through this whole process and then after it has formatted it reboots as an xp installation usually does but after it booots,it starts the same process again rather than been taken to the rest of the xp setup screen,instead it goes back to shower the drive capacity,partitions screen of the setup process.

any ideas with what the problem is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #2

Did u boot from cd again? pressed anything?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
Registered Member

when it boots back in after format i get a "cant find ntldr"

If i got a good xp image and ghosted it onto the hardrive with the missing ntldr would this work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 03:35 AM   #4
Registered Member

I have heard you can do this through the floppy drive, not sure through your HD!

This shouldn't be necessary. Did you check to see if the HD is recognized in the bios under user setting. Press enter. Upon rebooting enter the bios and set harddrive as 1st boot.

If problem continues delete the OS reformat the drive and try again. Be certain it boots from the hard drive after OS installed from CD boot. Enter bios.

Double check all your connections if you were in the box.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

yes, i have done all this.Reformatted the harddrive and i have made sure it boots from the hard drive after formatting disk in xp setup. Im wondering would the sata connection to the harddrive have anything to do with this. The only thing is it recognises the hard disk in the bios and also in the windows xp setup.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

what xp disk and number did you use for the new install?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Registered Member

I used xp professional sp2 to install
Closed Thread