Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

windows recovery stops @ 17 min.

This is a discussion on windows recovery stops @ 17 min. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. im curentaly renning windows xp home and im tring to run the recovery off the cd but it alawys freezes

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #1

im curentaly renning windows xp home and im tring to run the recovery off the cd but it alawys freezes @ 17 min. tryed different disc and drives the os was working but it was a little bugy so i wanted to run repair but nodda phttps://www.techsupportforum.com/images/smilies/1-sigh.gif
lease help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Troubled

Hard Drive errors will interfere with a Repair Install. From the XP CD, run Recover Console, and then type the following:

fixboot
fixmbr
chkdsk /r
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CiD: infection
Mayday, mayday. My laptop is going down. Something appearantly called Cid has hijacked IE and is causing the computer to run sooooo slooooow that it is practically unusable. I have run Spybot Search and Destroy, Registry Fix, Norton AV, Mcafee AV, Ad Aware SE and Spyware Doctor to no avail. I...
jjayforbes Resolved HJT Threads 35 04-22-2007 08:21 AM
I have the trojan.small virus - can only work in safe mode. :(
Hi There, I have a computer different that the one I am using to type this obviously... it has the trojan.small virus.. it's so deep that I can only start up in safe mode now. :( I have AVG, ccleaner, & cleanup installed already.. but not highjack this what can I do to get it so that it...
rapada Resolved HJT Threads 53 03-24-2007 08:30 AM
Trojan Virus
hi, hope you can help i have a trojan not sure which one sorry heres my log Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 17:33:47, on 18/01/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe...
paul.c Inactive Malware Help Topics 7 01-26-2007 09:45 AM
Spyware Quake Attack
Mayday! Or is that April Fools Day? Actually, not yet. This is legit, I'm afraid. I found some removal instructions, but i don't think everything worked right because spyware runs are still showing stuff even though the "main" program is gone (I think). Below is the HJT log. I'll add a panda...
swhit32257 Resolved HJT Threads 61 04-12-2006 04:29 PM
grassi's not clean
hello team, well i left here a couple of days ago and was recomended to go to xp forum and post a error, i received at the end of your fix while playing a game, which led me to beleive my computer was clean, with the exception of this error, which seemed to be of no importance?? Anyway i had some...
grassi Resolved HJT Threads 28 01-24-2006 10:37 AM