Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows reboot loop

This is a discussion on Windows reboot loop within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just like another poster I am having the same reboot loop problem. So far 6 computers at my work place

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

Just like another poster I am having the same reboot loop problem. So far 6 computers at my work place have started having the same issues within the last 4 days. Very strange as this many PCs going down in such a short time has never happened. Will not load safe mode and just reboots when it goes to load windows.

Have used ubcd4win to run a virus scan, malware scan, restore registry files to a previous version. Used windows cd to run a chkdsk, fixmbr, fixboot. Also ran hard drive diagnostics which came back with no errors. I have not yet done a repair install of windows.

No go on any of those solutions. Anyone have any other ideas about this problem? I am a little puzzled and will post the complete STOP error in just a short bit.

Made a new thread as I didn't think hi-jacking the other one was in good manners. ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Registered Member

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D3528, 0xC0000034, 0x0000000. 0x0000000)
Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Sounds like an infection, are these all on a network? Might have to remove drive and scan from within another system.

Does the error say INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE ? What if any where the changes to the systems recently?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Member

4 are on the same network, 2 are off network.

Does not give the INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE, just the STOP error. No changes to any of the systems recently.

Hopefully going to try a repair install of windows on one of them shortly to see if it gets me back in. Will also try pulling one of the drives and slaving it up on another pc to run a scan.
Closed Thread