Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Media Player

762 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vallan 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have Windows Xp with SP2, and Windows Media Player 9. I just got a new MP3 player that only works with WMP 10 or 11. When I went to upgrade to 10, there was talk of XP with "embedded SP2" (???) and warnings that WMP 10 was not backward compatible with things needing WMP8. What the heck would need WMP 8? Is there a downside to WMP 10 over WMP9?

Thanks!
Val

#4 ·
hello Vallan,

I used WMP10 frome the start and thru all its bugs , it is a much better now then from the begining

there are few places left that require you to WMP7 or 8 but with all technology everything has to be better but yet they don't make it so you still can not olderversion of programs for there are still people that are useing ( Windows (95 / 98/ 98SE/ 98Me /2000 pro & up /so they are just making it so that these user still have the ability to use ther programs , not everyone moves with the times??

just make sure you get all the patches /hot fixs for the WMP that you choose , i am useing WMP11 now and like it

the backward comp. that they are talking about i beleive is concerned with the way that the players work and relate to other programs

i hope this answer some of your questions

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.