Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows Live Profile and Skydrive

This is a discussion on Windows Live Profile and Skydrive within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I hope you can help me with this. Windows Live states that a file of 50MB or less can be

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #1

I hope you can help me with this. Windows Live states that a file of 50MB or less can be uploaded to their Skydrive foldrs/albums. However, if your photos are much over 800kb, they won't display as thumnails, only icons. There are the prolems associated with rapidly displaying large files, but stopping at 800kb +/-?

Also, clicking on a JPG to enlarge it will display the enlarged image. Clicking on a TIF file will immediately display a "Do you want to download this file?" dialog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #2

Is this a question, or an informative update ?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #3

It's a couple observations of the funtionality, or lack there of, of the Skydrive feature of Windows live. Both of which are not exactly heralding Skydrive's behavior. As a reader of my own post, I would surmise the intent of my post is to illicit responses from viewers like you as to whether or not they've encountered the same, and as such would offer solutions/work arounds. So, Fren. Have you noticed that the same things have happened to you? If so, do you find them annoying/counterproductive? Have you found a way around them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #4

Actually, no. I don't use Windows Live or Sky-whatever. I was approaching the issue from the idea that something was broken, and needed fixing.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #5

I'm a little confused here. If you don't use Windows Live or the Skydrive feature, why did you even reply in the first place. Yes, I do think Skydrive needs a little fixing.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #6

This is a Tech Support forum. People come here with broken computers, and they try to get help fixing them.

Is your computer broken ?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #7

Well Fren, I guess you have a lot of other people to tell off too. I see a ton of posts by others regarding their software problems.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #8

Didn't understand that last one. But, at the very least, we're keeping your thread on the first page.

But seriously, is this a "I have a problem and need help" thread ? They kinda like to see problems get resolved & labeled as such, if possible.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #9
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Fren Banklin, thanks for your comments and interest in the thread, but if you don't have an answer for the 800KB jpeg limit question, leave it and move along.

shdesign, you don't get this limitation with other online storage facilities if you want to switch from Skydrive.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread