Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows Internet Explorer 8 turns white and closes almost immediately after i open it

This is a discussion on Windows Internet Explorer 8 turns white and closes almost immediately after i open it within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am so puzzled with this problem I have. I have Windows xp: Service Pack 3, and when I open

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am so puzzled with this problem I have. I have Windows xp: Service Pack 3, and when I open Windows Internet Explorer 8, It turns white and closes almost immediately after I open it, or i'll open it and it'll turn white and stay like that for almost 10 minutes straight and do nothing. I tried resetting it in control panel, and it didn't help at all. Why doesn't it----referring to my browser;Windows Internet Explorer, work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

If IE works properly when you start it without add-ons then it's possible that you could have an infection, but try these two MS fixits in this order first -

Fix Internet Explorer issues to make IE fast, safe and stable

Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Control Panel>IE Options>Advanced>Check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread