Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Win XP Home SP2 restarts from time to time

This is a discussion on Win XP Home SP2 restarts from time to time within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hell ppl, I have a weird problem and I don't know exactly where to search for answears , hope you

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:25 AM   #1

Hell ppl,

I have a weird problem and I don't know exactly where to search for answears , hope you can help me.

My sistem is a AMD Athlon 2000 , Epox MB, 1G Geil RAM (2x512), 2 x HDD Seagate - WD , Radeon 9000 Pro .. I had my system instaled for more than 6 months and everything was working smotly , now I had to change an old HDD and reinstaled my windows ( XP with SP1 on Licence CD) , after this first I instaled bit defender 8 and then conected to the internet through my router, I instaled the drivers from my mother board CD , some ATI drivers which made me some problems ...the drivers did not instaled corectly , and after that I tried again and in the begining of the setup ( wxp-w2k-ccc-8-071-041026a-018719c-english.exe ) I saw a notice about the supported video cards , my Video card wasn't there :(

A) SUPPORTED ATI PRODUCTS

The software included in this package is for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 2000. This driver may be used with ,
RADEON X800 SERIES
RADEON X700 SERIES
RADEON X600 SERIES
RADEON X300 SERIES
ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 SERIES
ALL-IN-WONDER 9700 SERIES
ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 SERIES
RADEON 9800 SERIES
RADEON 9700 SERIES
RADEON 9600 SERIES
RADEON 9550 SERIES
RADEON 9500 SERIES

.. after that I tried to install my old driver wxp-w2k-wme-catalyst-7-94-030917m-011435c.exe and everything worked perfectly ... until my system restarted, first a blue screen apears but I didn't ahve time to see what was there , only the word NETSYS ... this is all I saw in my bluescreen .. After that I instaled SP 2 from oriniginal Microsoft CD ... and NFS Underground 2 ... I was playing for 20 minutes and my sistem crashed again :(( . Than I started to install some other programs to see if my system is crashing again .. and for few hours everything was ok till another restarts ocur .. with the same error because I saw again the NETSYS ...

This morning I started my computer and after 5 seconds it crashed again :((
I don;t know where to look after a log to see the full error , I just saw in Event viewer that when my system crases the save dump is creating a file (in which I couldnt find anything usefull .. because there are just a few full words ) but before Save Dump I see eventlog, everytime my sistem was restarted ...

Event Viewer

14:02:37 Save Dump
14:02:36 Eventlog Description : Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 1 Uniprocessor Free.
14:02:36 Eventlog The Event log service was started.

Cand you tell me where I shoul search for the full error (The blue screen) or do you know what should be the problem ?

10x in advance

see ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2004, 06:22 AM   #2

I've got new info about my error , since my first post my sistem has restarted one more time , now 10 minutes , and this time I had ~1sec to see the error and I was wrong about that NETSYS ... bellow is a part of he error extracted from the mini122304-02.dpm file

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000D,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF72C88B6)

*** NVENET.sys - Address F72C88B6 base at F72C5000, DateStamp 3d8f62cd

now I know a little more information about this , it's something about the MB chipset .. nForce2 ... I used the same drivers in the past and it worked fine.

Any Idee what can cause this restart ?

10x

see ya
Closed Thread