Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Which version of Microsoft .NET Framework do I need?

This is a discussion on Which version of Microsoft .NET Framework do I need? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My system is running Windows XP, Home Edition version 2002 with service pack 3. Pentium 4 2.53 Gig and 1.25

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

My system is running Windows XP, Home Edition version 2002 with service pack 3. Pentium 4 2.53 Gig and 1.25 Gig of memory.
I have .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 2, .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 2, and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.
Which version of .NET Framework do I need to keep and which can I uninstall? Running out of HD space!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Enthusiast

You need to keep to all of them because different applications require different versions. That's why existing versions are preserved when you install a different version. . If you uninstall any of them, one or more applications may not be able to run.

If free drive space is getting low, either uninstall some applications you seldom use, buy two external hard drives to transfer your user-data to (you need two so that you have a backup), or replace your existing drive with a larger one.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memory Leak in svchost.exe file
Computer information: Running "Windows XP PROFESSIONAL 2002 SP 3" X86 DELL DIMENSION DV051 WITH ABOUT 2 GIGS OF RAM 145 GIG HD WITH ABOUT 96 GIGS FREE EXTERNAL HD WITH 500 GIGS..100 GIGS FREE I HAVE ONE FLASH DRIVE USB CONNECTED 2 GIGS
madnkrazy Windows XP Support 7 07-05-2011 04:46 PM
XP Anti-Virus 2011
I have this Virus called XP Anti-Virus 2011, i restarted my computer and tryed safe mode, but the start menu wont load in any mode, i cant open Firefox to download any anti virus or anything it blocked it, all my icons/start menu is gone it just shows background. Ive tryed looking on google but...
Plus2112 Inactive Malware Help Topics 13 06-10-2011 08:34 AM
WindowsDiagnostic please help remove
My computer just got the WindowsDiagnostic virus. From what I have read online you have to end the process. How do I do this though? When I push cntrl, alt, delete I dont have the task manager option for some reason. Also, none of my files are showing up either. Can someone please help?
ljastangs21 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 68 03-24-2011 06:39 PM
Safemode reverts all changes after reboot
I was told to post here to make sure my system was clean before they would help with my BSOD. I'm really more interested in why my Safemode is acting the way it is. Here is my original post, and I have also attached the files requested of the board: Also when running Gmer I had to uncheck...
Modfiy_inc Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 58 03-09-2011 08:53 PM