Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Wacom Bamboo CTH-670 inexplicably stopped working

This is a discussion on Wacom Bamboo CTH-670 inexplicably stopped working within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey all! I've been having issues with my Wacom Bamboo CTH-670 recently. It suddenly stopped working on Thursday, and I'm

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Hey all!

I've been having issues with my Wacom Bamboo CTH-670 recently. It suddenly stopped working on Thursday, and I'm not sure why.

I'm running Windows XP, of course.

Things I've tried already:
  • restarting services in services.msc
  • uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers from the Wacom site
  • rebooting several times
  • plugging it into another computer (and it worked with a Windows 8, so the tablet is fully functioning it seems)
  • swapping the cord
  • changing USB ports (all ports are functional since my USB mouse and keyboard work in them)
  • fiddling with Device Manager
  • changing power management for USB ports to unrestricted

After trying and failing with the newest available driver, I installed an older one - and I'm actually able to see some Wacom stuff in Device Manager now, which is a good sign.

However, when I plug in the tablet, the LED flashes white a couple of times before going blank.

Trying to open Bamboo Preferences gives me the following error: "A supported tablet was not found on the system."

I'm at a loss for what to do. The only other thing I haven't tried yet is the original tablet installation disk, so I'll give it a shot next, but please let me know if you have any other ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 12:08 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

there is no need to post another thread about the same problem. You were being helped here https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...p-1098674.html It was determined in the previous thread that there was a Hardware Problem, probably the Wacom Tablet which was failing and it was causing BSOD's. Did you try it on another computer? If it does the same thing there then The device needs to be replaced.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
there is no need to post another thread about the same problem. You were being helped here https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...p-1098674.html It was determined in the previous thread that there was a Hardware Problem, probably the Wacom Tablet which was failing and it was causing BSOD's. Did you try it on another computer? If it does the same thing there then The device needs to be replaced.
The BSOD problem turned out to be completely unrelated to the tablet itself. After solving that, it was suggested that I post in the Windows XP forum regarding this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
You're welcome for the BSOD help.

Sorry that I was unsuccessful with the Wacom tablet.

You can try posting in our XP forum where many more eyes will see it than mine - Windows XP Support

Regards. . .

John

`

It works on another computer.
Closed Thread