Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

VSS errors

This is a discussion on VSS errors within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having issues that I have tried everything to figure out, and the only common thing I find is

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am having issues that I have tried everything to figure out, and the only common thing I find is in the event viewer I keep seeing VSS errors. Some background. I was having some sporadic issues with the computer, and I thought the drive may be going bad. I clone the 500 GB c: drive to a new 1 TB drive. I still continued to have what were sporadic, non consistent issues, any where from The application failed to initialize properly, to Windows - delayed write failed, to the exception unknown software exception. I would restart the computer and usually would run chkdsk and show no problems. I would leave the computer on and come back later that day is see some of these various messages. I went to burn memtest on a disk and saw the icon was not there for the CD. I switched my D: drive and the CD drive sata ports and now the D drive did not show in my computer. So I bought a PCI 2 Sata port card, and now all shows. I have run chkdsk, sfc/scannow, malwarebytes, etc, and all show no problems. The only thing I still keep seeing is the VSS error when I check event viewer, and wonder if this could be the culprit for everything else. I would appreciate any ideas as to where else to look for these sporadic and not consistent errors. And I am typing this now on the computer, so it does work and then throws the errors, not just at bootup. I also ran memtest overnight and it showed no errors.

Window XP Professional SP3
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core Processor
2.2 Ghz 3.12 Gb RAM

Thanks,
Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win32/Rootkit.Whistler.A
So i got an old computer with xp as OS. My AntiVirus, Eset NOD32 detected this Virus but couldnt remove it. I cant say i have runningproblems with the virus, ok it freezes some times but no problem. But i read they can steal password an so on, so no god at all. :sad: Ive checked out the NEW...
Vallentino Resolved HJT Threads 31 04-04-2012 01:26 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD errors help
So I have been getting BSOD errors for a while now... They almost always happen after startup / wake. The first one started when I first got my computer, but I had just installed a new network adapter and assumed that that was the issue... I eventually swapped network adapters but I have since...
bluejay44 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 01-20-2012 08:27 PM
BSODs, Bios Load Errors, Memory Errors-- RAM or something else?
My computer has been running quite well for the last 2 years. Suddenly this month, random BSODs would start happening. And every day, they got worse. I began researching them-- I had at least 7 different types of BSODs-- from IRQs to Page Faults to Kernal Errors to everything. Eventually I felt...
Sarynn RAM and Power Supply Support 4 12-29-2011 03:50 PM
Installer Errors
I first encountered this error when trying to install Trainz Simulator 2010: Engineer's Edition, and I assumed it was the program itself. However, after trying to install Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Mirror's Edge, I have been getting this same error the instant the installer opens up. I have...
RazgrizSeed Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 9 05-25-2011 08:27 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD and other errors
I have been having this problem for a while and don't know what to do. While playing games like cod 4, Battlefield BC2, and some other games, all online, the computer freezes and the only way to make it work again is to reset. But lately i have been having other problem. I think it maybe related...
emmdf BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 05-01-2011 01:27 AM