Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Very strange no sound problem

This is a discussion on Very strange no sound problem within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm gonna try to keep this as sketched as possible. So, this is the problem: -I bought this HP

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I'm gonna try to keep this as sketched as possible.

So, this is the problem:

-I bought this HP 625 Notebook a while ago. It was new.
-I installed all the drivers needed from this site: HP 625 Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center (It is the site mentioned by the seller)
-After surfing the internet I found out that the sound has a weird problem. It stops working after a random time intervals whenever it is left without anything to cause a sound.
Note that this sound loss isn't affected by the Volume Control. I can have everything maxed and I will still have no sound.
-The sound comes back if I leave no sound making things (programs, open folder sound, videos etc) for about the same amount of time left to the no sound part

so here is an example:

-I play a youtube video. It has sound.
-I pause the video and answer the door.
-I come back after about a minute and click the play button
-There is no sound coming out from either the speakers or the headphones.
-I look at the Volume Control. It has everything up.
-I go to Control Panel to the IDT Audio Control. It has everything up.
-I go to the Sounds and Audio Devices. Everything seems normal.
-I pause the video again. I wait about 30 seconds.
-The sound is back.

Personal conclusion from this: If I don't have a constant sound coming from the speakers/headphones, then the sound cancels/enables by itself at random times BUT it doesn't do it from the Volume Control, Sounds and Audio Devices or any other volume programs, meaning that I can't manually fix this problem when it happens.

So what could the problem come from? I have a few suspects:

1. The Sound driver is bugged/corrupted and it doesn't work well. So maybe a new driver that is compatible might work (But I can't find on the internet...)
2. The OS is causing interference with the sound drivers (I'm using windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3)
3. The sound problem comes from the notebook's hardware (physical problems. Meaning that the notebook is broken at the sound parts of it)

I'm not an expert at computers. That's why I'm asking you guys:

1. How can I fix this?
2. What causes this problem?

Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Download your driver from this HP site for your model computer.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Download your driver from this HP site for your model computer.

Hmm seems to work now. Still testing to see if it truly works. If I still have this problem I'm gonna bump the thread (or edit this post if I still have this problem and discover it today)

thanx a lot xD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

You're welcome. I hope it's sorted.
Closed Thread