Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

*URGENT* Blue screen of death problem *URGENT*

This is a discussion on *URGENT* Blue screen of death problem *URGENT* within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. OK So I was installing something and Avira popped up and said it found a virus, I went deny access,

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

OK So I was installing something and Avira popped up and said it found a virus, I went deny access, around about 5 seconds latter the same thing came up for the same file, this went on about ten times and then I saw a BSOD screen for about 1/2 a second then my computer rebooted, Now its stuck in a BSOD then reboot loop, I pressed F8 and turned on Don't reboot after error and I got the error code which is: STOP: 0x0000024 I looked up the code it was the NTFS_FILE_SYS Error Code It said to run chkdsk /r and it said Another Process is using the drive, Cannot do chkdsk. Would you like to do chkdsk at next boot? I said Y for yes, Problem is, The BSOD is in the way so it can't do the chkdsk, Please help.

all who help
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #2

shes a gonner
if you want to save some of your data you might be able to access your hardrive from an another computor and then reinstall in your computor and format
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Registered Member

BSOD is before chkdsk runs? Have you tried running from recovery console? Safe mode working?
Before anything drastic is done out of frustration I see that you use Fedora, do they have a live cd?
You could boot off that to retrieve your important data to thumb drive, etc.
I only say this as I have seen many get impatient and re-install before considering this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Registered Member

:) fixed it I used the installion CD and repaired the install.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

Good show, glad ya didn't write it off as a 'gonner'
Closed Thread