Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

UPS almost!

This is a discussion on UPS almost! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows XP SPk3 Motherboard > MSI MS-7058 915P Combo-FR motherboard Intel 915P Chipset, 2GB Ram Pentium P4 3.2GHz clocked 3.36GHz

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Windows XP SPk3
Motherboard > MSI MS-7058 915P Combo-FR motherboard Intel 915P Chipset, 2GB Ram
Pentium P4 3.2GHz clocked 3.36GHz
Seagate 1TB Hybrid Hd
Iomega 1TB USB Hd
PSU 400W
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Duel screen setup:-
Sun Microsystem Trintron Tube 20" Screen > 250W
Sharp LCD Flat Screen 17" > 33W

Thought i'd share this as i'd been looking at UPS, did i want one yes did i need one No!

I could not find anything at a reasonable price.

It suddenly occurred to me that i had this car power pack (Powering) 12v 40AH battery charger that was fitted with an 240v 300W Inverter.

Emm.......in the main i had neglected it and wondered if it would charge up, well it did so i figured it was just about right to power up the pc.

Switching off the main 20" screen and using only the 17" one it booted up fine on the power pack.

Switching on the 20" as well caused it to drop the power and XP crashed of course, i did not know what the wattage of that screen was then!

So i now have the capacity to power up the pc for a limited time, which is actually what i needed > for no additional cost!

Just one q guys, do i add the power pack to the equipment list? :o)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPS behaving strangely?
I purchased a brand new APC UPS. The Model is BX600CI-IN. I think I installed it correctly (I plugged my PC socket to the UPS and UPS socket to a plug/power socket/point). I should also mention that I also have an power inverter installed in my house and the inverter is supports the socket/point...
Akshay Dwivedi RAM and Power Supply Support 31 10-30-2015 11:33 AM
How to choose a UPS?
Hi I want to buy a UPS to protect my new PC. I want to connect it to the PC and monitor only. I have a Cougar ST 500W with active PFC, and I think I need a minimum of 700VA UPS. I went to different stores and each one told me I need a different type, with different VA supply in hugely...
AoGenius RAM and Power Supply Support 5 02-05-2015 07:17 AM
UPS Store hit with malware attack in 51 franchised locations
UPS Store hit with malware attack in 51 franchised locations | ZDNet
JMH3143 Computer Security News 0 08-20-2014 04:25 PM
[SOLVED] Help: UPS acting weird.
My pc and monitor is connected via an UPS (microtek) 600VA PC--UPS--Power It's 3 years old. 3 years it gave service very well. But recently when the power goes off, the UPS can not take the load and shuts down. It happened twice. And I don't want to shut my computer suddenly again. And when...
Gdn8Melbourne RAM and Power Supply Support 5 11-29-2013 12:52 AM
Help needed in getting a UPS related to by PSU!!!
First of all I would like to apologize if my post is irrelevant to this section of forum. But I really thought it is related to the Power Supply section. The issue is as follows I purchased a new rig last November not so hi-fi, but at least I am satisfied with it. CPU Intel Core i5-760 2800...
kush RAM and Power Supply Support 1 05-31-2011 03:44 PM