Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Unable to Install Realtek Audio Drivers

This is a discussion on Unable to Install Realtek Audio Drivers within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I'm working with an HP Compaq DC7700 Ultra Slim here, it has a mono onboard speaker. It runs Windows

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I'm working with an HP Compaq DC7700 Ultra Slim here, it has a mono onboard speaker. It runs Windows XP Professional 32 bit

I installed a Nvidia GT710 and the drivers for it, I forgot to uncheck the Nvidia audio drivers since i wouldnt be using HDMI and didnt need them anyway. This broke the realtek drivers already in the system.

So after removing everything audio related, and the nvidia drivers, i reinstalled the nvidia drivers without the nvidia audio.
Then went to install the realtek drivers again to get my onboard audio back.
Nothing seems to work, the drivers from HP dont work, the drivers directly from realtek dont work, their newest drivers dont work, a few different driver finder programs dont work, ive got nothing. I dont even get an audio mixer panel, opening it up in the control panel just shows "No Audio hardware"

I know its not a hardware issue, i still get the occasional beep from confirmation boxes and such.

I have no idea what to do about this, any help is appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

You said that you uninstalled everything audio related but, to completely clean everything from the system usually requires a special tool.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...r-uninstaller/

Its named Display Driver Uninstaller but.......

Quote:
Display Driver Uninstaller, or DDU, is a driver utility programs that allows you to remove all traces of NVIDIA, AMD, and INTEL display and audio drivers from Windows.
Maybe worth a try?

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 02-15-2017, 02:51 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

You say your computer is an HP Compaq however, in the screenshot you provided, the Computer Name is Dell-xxxxx. Could you please confirm that the computer we are working with is an HP Compaq and not a Dell. If it is a Dell, please give us the model number.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search