Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

triple PC's

This is a discussion on triple PC's within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i' m not sure if this is possible but i've seen it somewhere and wanted to try it. if you

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #1

i' m not sure if this is possible but i've seen it somewhere and wanted to try it. if you have three computers and three monitors all next to one another is it possible to make them all run together so that there is only one log on yet once logged on all three machines can run independently of one another? i'm not sure if this is possible to do though. any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #2

You could buy a splitter for your monitor and add two more. and then extend the wires from the power supply into ATX cases and mybe stuff a hardfrive in each one..(just for asthetics)
Even though anything is possible, im not quite sure how you could combine processors..
I think it would take a hardware genious- or maybe i just need to brush up on my hardware =)
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

I don't think you can sign into all three computers at once.

I think you would be better off buying a 4 port KVM and using one monitor, mouse and keyboard for all your computers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

My suggestion would be to buy a cheap Hub and setup a small home network to share all files from every PC. Instead of making one a server and having two nodes.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShade01
i' m not sure if this is possible but i've seen it somewhere and wanted to try it. if you have three computers and three monitors all next to one another is it possible to make them all run together so that there is only one log on yet once logged on all three machines can run independently of one another? i'm not sure if this is possible to do though. any thoughts?
It really depends on what exactly you are trying to do and what operating system they are running.
You can set most OS to login automatically , so you do not need to log on if that is your objective; and some OS support loggin to a network as opposed to login to the one machine only.
You can use programs such as synergy
https://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
to control one machine from any or the others. '

You can use a KVM (Keyboard, Video , Mouse) switch to share one Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor between several computers.
I do this with my Windows98, WindowsXp and Linux computers using synergy so I can easily access the others over my network, and the KVM switch to jump between them as needed.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0S1R1S
My suggestion would be to buy a cheap Hub and setup a small home network to share all files from every PC. Instead of making one a server and having two nodes.
That would be a terrible waste of resources on the other two workstations though
Old 12-14-2005, 05:19 PM   #7
Registered Member

Why? If he has three computers, why not network them. Theyre useless all sitting there. You could share internet and files and put them around your house if you really wanted to? I have a hub in my room with my lappy, a desktop in my moms office, and another lappy in the basement. They all share one 56k connection :P and i share my 3 HDD's in the desktop for all my music and files instead of cluttering my laptops.
Closed Thread