Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Task bar display-date/time display

This is a discussion on Task bar display-date/time display within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My date/time display is set to show the time in 24 hours instead of 12am/pm hours. I do not know

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

My date/time display is set to show the time in 24 hours instead of 12am/pm hours. I do not know how to change it. Changing the internet time doesn't help and there doesn't seem to be a way on the clock. I used to have am/pm displayed. How can I change it? Also, can I have the date displayed with the time on the taskbar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #2

I had mine changed to 24hr once because of a malware, hope this is not your case! Assuming everything its fine, this is how you do it:

This tutorial will teach you how to change your system time from 24 hour to 12 hour.

First of all, Click Start and then click on Control Panel.

In the Control Panel (And this is with the Category View) click on Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.

After clicking that, click on Change the format of numbers, dates and times.

A box will pop up, click on the Customize Button next to the drop-down menu of formats according to their country.

Another box should appear. Click on the Time tab. If your system is already running using 24 hour time, in the Time format box there should be HH:mm:ss.

The two Capital H's make the clock use 24 hour. To change this, replace the Capital H's with small h's. So, you should have changed the format from HH:mm:ss to hh:mm:ss.

Now, that's fine and dandy, but you might want it to say either PM or AM at the end. To make this happen, add two small t's at the end of the format. So, the format code should now be hh:mm:ss tt.

Click on OK. And now click Apply in the Regional and Language Options box, and then click OK again.

Hopefully your time in the system tray should be in 12 hour.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
elf
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to elf

If you are going to directly quote someone else's work, please provide credit to them.

pcgeek's source

If TSF has helped you, Tell us about it! or Donate to help keep the site up!
I do not subscribe to threads, so if I stop replying, PM me with a link to your thread so I can find it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2009, 04:22 AM   #4

10-4 didnt know that, ty
Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you so much for the quick reply. So easy to do when you know where to go.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #6

I have a problem with my date/time display too. It shows the correct time and date, except that it says itīs 2002. I tried to change it, but it keeps turning always to 2002. It wouldnīt be a problem if it just let me open the messenger, or my mail through the messenger. It happens since a re-installed the xp, and it doesnīt let me download the service pack 3, or the explorer 7. Please, does anyone knows how to solve it??? :S
Old 03-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
elf
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to elf

Have you checked the system time in your BIOS? (how to enter BIOS).

If TSF has helped you, Tell us about it! or Donate to help keep the site up!
I do not subscribe to threads, so if I stop replying, PM me with a link to your thread so I can find it again.
Closed Thread