Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

suitable graphics importer couldnt be found

This is a discussion on suitable graphics importer couldnt be found within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can transfer videos and pictures from my iphone to desktop. Im able to open pictures with quicktime picture viewer

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 07:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

I can transfer videos and pictures from my iphone to desktop. Im able to open pictures with quicktime picture viewer and other programs.
But I can no longer open videos at all. error says suitable graphics importer couldnt be found. what can i do?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you get the message "....a suitable graphics importer could not be found..." for only SOME *.jpg or .*jpeg file(s), the file(s) is (are) CORRUPTED
If you unplugged your iPhone while it was transferring it would corrupt those jpeg's.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

its only videos that wont play. They download or transfer but wont play.
Haven't unplugged while transferring. Can I delete and reinstall quicktime?
Is it still available for free with my system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #4
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Don't know much about apple systems but I would have thought it highly unlikely that the modern iPhone would be anywhere near compatible with XP. Also, I remember quicktime from the old days and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Couldn't you find an alternative?

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 05-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Go to the location of the downloaded videos, and right click one and choose Properties. What is the Extension? (eg) (FileName).mov, .mpg, .avi etc?
If a .mov file, open Quick Time and go to File/Open, browse to one of the downloaded videos, to open it. For any other video format, open with Windows Media Player.
You may be having a problem with QuickTime since you are running XP and it is no longer supported. You can uninstall it. Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs, right click QuickTime and Uninstall it. Restart the computer and download it again. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=en_US