Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

still cant solve this problem

This is a discussion on still cant solve this problem within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. "class installer denies the request to install or upgrade this device" Has anyone else had this error when they tried

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #1

"class installer denies the request to install or upgrade this device" Has anyone else had this error when they tried to install a printer/scanner / camera ? if so i would love to here from you because i dont know what else to try this is the 3rd time i have posted this problem
IS THIER ANYONE OUT THERE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #2

which device'(s) are you having probs. installing?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #3

Epsom Perfction 1200 Scanner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #4

this is the scsi scanner you posted in another thread?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #5

Yes we have spoke before, i have tried spyware scans, av scans, registryscans to no provail, there are lots of listings on google aboat this but i cant find a solution, my last resort will be to contact microsoft,i dont want to reformat again. im sure theres some kind of conflict with windows built in drivers in xphome because i have never had a problem on xp pro
Old 10-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #6

Try gettin another scanner USB's around 45.00 ^
Old 10-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpy View Post
"class installer denies the request to install or upgrade this device" Has anyone else had this error when they tried to install a printer/scanner / camera ? if so i would love to here from you because i dont know what else to try this is the 3rd time i have posted this problem
IS THIER ANYONE OUT THERE!!!
I got my scanner working !!!, someone told me that it could be the new windows updater maybe conflicting with my older scanner so lucky for me i have norton ghost 2003 on and had ghosted my o/s right after formatting so i had not installed the updates yet, i restored my windows back to then and tried a reinstall of my scanner and HEY PRESTO went in first time. THANKS TO NORTON GHOST 2003 BEST PROG RAM IN THE WORLD!!!
Closed Thread