Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Starting to FREEZE TO MUCH!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Starting to FREEZE TO MUCH!!!!!!! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I will be opening up a page. I would decide to end a task that may be running,so the computer

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

I will be opening up a page. I would decide to end a task that may be running,so the computer can focus on what I want. So I click the task Manger up and end the items task from running. But instead of the task manger just disappear, when I click it's x out it won't. Because it's frozen in place. Mean while the page is still hasn't opened up. I try clicking on the google space to type just for the hell of it. It won't register the whole page is frozen. Then finally after I don't how long it unfreezes. The page starts open up showing the things on the page. Then task Manger disappears like I wanted. The Google the little line appears. It's Alive again. Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #2

First I would start with a virus and spyware check. (link are in my signature) Then I would try to remove all toolbars you have installed. Is this problem happening in IE if so which version?
Old 10-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have Google IE Toolbar. I have Spybot,Ad-aware,AVG Free. I was Thinking I don't remember how long ago, I got this version of Bearshare. It's sponsored by Zango. You can't run it without keeping the sponsor. I had a different version it wasn't sponsored by them. I don't think I had that problem. When I run my virus scan. I get a large amount of files or whatever it's called total up. So maybe I should remove it. See what happens. Change back to the other Bearshare version. After a little waiting to see what will happen. Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #4

yes when you get that large amount of files you should remove the files or quarintine them. And it seems like you just have a large amount of spyware, malware, ect. so you should run some scan for that also. i know i had the same problem with mine and its frustrating
Closed Thread