Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Start Up Prob- Keyboard and Mouse freeze

This is a discussion on Start Up Prob- Keyboard and Mouse freeze within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Here's the deal, my computer was being really slow, so i figured I would reboot it, clear out msconfig startup,

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #1

Here's the deal, my computer was being really slow, so i figured I would reboot it, clear out msconfig startup, adjust the services, run some adware stuff , the usual stuff. Only when i booted my computer i got the press f1 to boot, but back up your data because it predicts failure. I had gotten this message before but it had gone away. This time it loaded up windows xp sp1, went to the login screen and the keyboard and mouse freeze. I tried booting in safemode, same thing. I tried last known good config, it worked for about 3 seconds, then froze, and i couldnt get it to do it again. I then tried to run a repair through the xp home disk, but no go, i got an error as the disk was loading up. the first time i got an hpn.sys is screwed up. The second time(after i tried cleaning the cd) i got an iapasp.sys or something like iapasp is screwed up. I've tested both keyboard and mouse, the keyboard works in bios and the mouse works on other computers and in the 3 second period where it worked up above. I tried defaulting bios settings to see if i had messed up anything there, got nothing. Any bright ideas?

By the way im on a xp home sp1, amd 750 mhz, 256 ram, 30gig hd(very full).

Note: Some words edited out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #2

just want to make it clear that i didnt get to run any fix up changes such as adware removers, that whole sentence is pretty irrelevant.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

Theres an IRQ confilict. Go into your BIOS and change it. I'm not sure where it is. It's different with all BIOS. Should be under your Mouse and keyboard settings or something
Closed Thread