Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Space Key Being Pressed in Rapid Succession, Even When Keyboard Not Plugged In...

This is a discussion on Space Key Being Pressed in Rapid Succession, Even When Keyboard Not Plugged In... within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Greetings :)... Recently, and without seeming provocation, the SPACE key (spacebar) commenced a rapid succession of seeming presses... The spacebar

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #1

Greetings :)...

Recently, and without seeming provocation, the SPACE key (spacebar) commenced a rapid succession of seeming presses...

The spacebar has been removed...

The Keyboard uninstalled and reinstalled...

Unplugged, plugged in...

system restore...

Altered keyboards...

The SPACE key seems as if it's being pressed, even if the keyboard is no longer plugged in...

The abruptness of the phantom key presses is somewhat befuddling, and there seems scant occurrences or assistance form what internet searches have seemingly yielded thus far...

Any assistance appreciated :), Thank you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #2

No worries...

i was sitting at the computer, and it occurred that i had rested something over some wacom tablets, on which there is a hot key assigned to SPACE key...

so...

thank you, nonetheless :)...

oighe....
Old 11-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi Glossie and welcome to TSF

You have a rare problem indeed. Here's something I know that might at least point toward a dirrection to follow. Keyboard input goes into a keyboard buffer. Windows draws those key strokes from there for use in programs. If you were able to write a letter into that buffer, it would end up being used by Windows (This is actually the way DOS did it).

That said, it might be a running application that is putting the space code into the buffer. So....see if it happens in the safe mode.
Also, you can try stopping applications in the Task Manager until you find the culprit.

One other thing, it might be a bad memory cell. Try running a memory test.

I can't think of anything else, hope this works.

Best regards,
Mack1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #4

Thank you, Mack1, Very much appreciated, regardless :)...
Closed Thread