Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Sound Quality Still Down

This is a discussion on Sound Quality Still Down within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently used this forum's help in reinstalling RealTek Audio Manager back onto my system. With everyone's help I got

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently used this forum's help in reinstalling RealTek Audio Manager back onto my system. With everyone's help I got it back up and running. However, I am finding that when I try to play a video, the sound volume is way down from what I have my speakers set for, and all my settings on the computer show that I have the volume set to its highest as well. So what I need now is ideas for what else might be causing this and what I can do about it. As before, any help I can get is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2018, 11:31 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Is the Volume turned up all the way in the Player that you are playing Videos in? (ie) YouTube, Windows Media Player etc
Old 09-23-2018, 11:47 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yup. Checked that first thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2018, 03:22 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

the easiest way is to have powered speakers that have a volume control
Old 09-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #5
Registered Member

It has occurred to me that my current speakers may need replacing. I've had them for more than 15 years and things do wear out.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeattie View Post
It has occurred to me that my current speakers may need replacing. I've had them for more than 15 years and things do wear out.
That's one way to go about it. You could always test current speakers on a different source of sound and see if it indeed is the culprit. You could also test the pc using headphones connected to the front or rear audio ports. The rear port can be louder than the front one.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #7
Registered Member

I should probably add that I'd rather not have to spend the money on brand new speakers if I don't absolutely have to. So any other suggestions that might help would be welcome if anybody has any to offer.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #8
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeattie View Post
I should probably add that I'd rather not have to spend the money on brand new speakers if I don't absolutely have to. So any other suggestions that might help would be welcome if anybody has any to offer.
If the speakers are performing adequately when connected to another sound source, then they are not the problem. If there are no sound issues with the pc connected to a pair of headphones or earphones, then it is not the culprit either. Either the pc or speakers or both are faulty, so get testing.
Closed Thread