Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Something wrong with my plug and play

This is a discussion on Something wrong with my plug and play within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just reformated my computer and recently i just upgraded to SP2 and i tried to watch some of my

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #1

I just reformated my computer and recently i just upgraded to SP2 and i tried to watch some of my videos and noticed my sound wasn't working. So i upgraded my sound card drives and that wasn't it. So i checked my device manager and seems like i have the yellow exclamation mark next to my plug and play so i dont know what info you guys need to help me or anything to do except reformat agian >.>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

is pnp enabled in the bios
did you run your m/b setup disk after the reformat

Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai View Post
is pnp enabled in the bios
did you run your m/b setup disk after the reformat
yes pnp is enabled just checked

not sure when m/b is but my sound worked before i installed sp2 so not sure if that is the problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #4

just wanted to add that i searched my device manager and my pnp isnt listed on the list anymore
Old 12-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #5

hello ,

this is what i would like you to do

go back to the device manager /right click it /select (properties/this will say in the main window if the device is working and if it is functioning properly/also a slight description of why it is not working

Mike
Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
Happy to support TSF!

My System

Hi snapplesniper, as dai mentioned earlier, the problem could be resolved by using your setup disc which should contain the required drivers.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2020learnin View Post
hello ,

this is what i would like you to do

go back to the device manager /right click it /select (properties/this will say in the main window if the device is working and if it is functioning properly/also a slight description of why it is not working

Mike
if you mean right clicking it im thinking you mean the plug and play but its not on the device manager but if you dont mean that then i dont know how to right clikc the whole device manager can you specify what you want? and thank you for the reply
Old 12-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #8

hello , i am sorry ,

i ment right click on the device that has the the quotation mark by it

or is was that the one that dissapeared on you ?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2020learnin View Post
hello , i am sorry ,

i ment right click on the device that has the the quotation mark by it

or is was that the one that dissapeared on you ?
yes that is the one that disapeared Plug and play thing
Old 12-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #10

if this helps at all on my device manager i click

Action > Scan For Hardware changes

a window pops up in the device manager and says
"Scanning Plug and Play compliant hardware..."
Old 12-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #11

hello again ,

okay , i got cha !!!

now go into the control panel/ you will want to select (Add Hardware ) if you do not see this function you may have to switch to the (classic veiw) of the control panel to wich can be found on the left side of the main window of the( control panel)

now you will have certain questions that you will have to answer

the first window you will want to select(next)thenwindows will search your system for hardwarethat is not installed on your system /if it does not find any then you will be prompted with another window / you will want to select (yes , i have already connected the hardware)then windows will give you another window that has a box that is filled with the names of many devices /you will need to scrol thru those and see if you device is in there / be careful for the plug & play monitor is not the same / if you do not / if you do not see your device then select (add a new device ) at the bottom of that list / then you willbe prompted with another window / this will have a selection already checked / just select( next ) another scan will happen / if it still dose not find your device and install it for you then you will be prompted with another window / you will want to (select )next again/you will then be prompted with another window / look thru these to see if you can find the device that you are looking for / if you do not find itthen select (show all devices ) then select next/ you will then be prompted by another window /here you will be given a list of devices / you will have to look for your device again / once you find it select it then you will hav to select next again

at this point windows will install the device

you may be prompted to restart your computer

select yes & let you pc do the work for you /if it does not then just restart you pc

now check to see if your device has been reinstalled & check to see if your issue has been resolved

if not get back to us

Mike
Closed Thread