Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Sending large photo email attachments

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Sending large photo email attachments within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How is the easiest way to send large photo attachment like 20 megs. Jpg file taken using digital camera via

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

How is the easiest way to send large photo attachment like 20 megs. Jpg file taken using digital camera via Hotmail or Gmail? Files on hard drive of PC.

Because if the file too large it won't send out.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Greetings! You could try to compress the file and email it. See this link, Compressing Files to Ease E-Mailing - For Dummies
Old 01-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

I would use dropbox, but there are a few others mentioned here 5 Ways to Email Large Files - wikiHow

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
Moderator - Microsoft Support Team

Jpg files usually do not compress well with zip. You could use jpg compression but this is a lossy procedure in which image quality is lost. This may or may not be a serious issue.

Dropbox was designed for sharing of large files and is a good alternative.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

If the recipient doesn't need the photos to be full-size, you could reduce the dimensions or resolution using an image editor so you can email them the usual way.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble sending email VIA IP Cam
Hello all and thanks for this forum! I have a Vivotek IP camera that I'm trying to set up to send occasional snap-shots VIA email. I did the preliminary set up on my own computer running Windows 7 with internet VIA a Linksys router and cable modem and it worked fine. The camera connects VIA wifi...
Neosec Networking Support 4 11-17-2013 12:49 PM
email sending spam
For some reason my email is now sending spam to the majority of my email contacts. It sends it even when the computer is off. I have run antivirus scans (avast) and spybot but came back with nothing. i have windows 7 and use msn (hotmail) as my default email. How do I fix this issue?
fstrfvo General Computer Security 11 05-05-2011 05:29 AM
cannot open or save email attachments
Hi I have an old Win XP (SP3) desktop that just recently has a problems with attachments to emails. It simply won't allow me to open or save them. I have tried both hotmail and btinternet.com (yahoo) emails. When I click on an attachment and choose either 'open' or 'save' the small grey box...
Tiridhe Security and Firewalls 1 04-15-2011 11:22 PM
Browser automatically redirecting to unknown URL
Hi, Before I begin, I would like to thank everyone in this forum for showing great interest to help distressed users like me. Also, I would like to point out that a problem similar to mine has already been discussed here:...
asp_ts Resolved HJT Threads 10 04-13-2011 06:36 AM
Outlook is Auto Sending Email
Hi, I have Windows XP and my outlook 2003 is auto sending email my friends even if their names are not in my address contact. When I check my send folder I do not see any email that was sent out in my name.. The email send to about 5 to 6 people at a time now always the same people My Email was...
moses56 Microsoft Office support 0 03-11-2011 08:58 PM