Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Messed around with Folder Options

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Messed around with Folder Options within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I was trying to change the look of icons in XP Pro. It may have been the File Folder

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I was trying to change the look of icons in XP Pro. It may have been the File Folder one. It's action is Find. So when I double click any folder to open it, it opens Search Results. In Folder Options I did click the Restore Defaults and Reset All Folders. That didn't fix the problem. How can I get it back?

To be more clearer, if I try to open My Pictures, My Music, My Videos or any other folders it opens Search Results instead. To open a folder I have to right click a folder and select Open. Thats not too bad but it'll get anoying you know? So any help is appreciated. If I'm not giving enough info, let me know.

I print screened it. check it here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #2

This should fix the problem.

Get the fix from Doug Knox:

https://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...older_open.htm

FYI, This malady is most often caused by opening Explorer or My Computer and clicking on the Tools > Folder Options > File Types > selecting "Folder" and then clicking OK instead of Cancel. Even though you have only looked and made no changes, changes will nevertheless be made IF you have selected Folder or File Folder and IF you then click OK. To avoid this, always click "Cancel" when you don't intend to change things

Edit: I see the link no longer works. Will try to find one that does.

This link will work. https://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...older_open.htm
Old 03-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks alot! It works now Really appreciate it.
Closed Thread