Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] How to read WinXP's Mini dump files

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] How to read WinXP's Mini dump files within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I was trying to figure out what caused the Stop error I last encountered. I tried searching for any

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #1

Roll Eyes

Hi, I was trying to figure out what caused the Stop error I last encountered. I tried searching for any clues on Windows XP's mini dump, but I can't seem to find it. All I see are drivers loaded at that time, but the actual file I'm searching for, the file that caused the crash as indicated on the Stop error, is not there. It's actually Speedbit's Video Accelerator file, sbbotdi.sys. I have to find that out the hard way - waiting for the PC to trigger the stop error again. I saw people here asking for the minidump and replying with the exact file that caused the error. Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #2

hello

just a suggestion if you haven't tried it yet but go to the home site of the company and inquire of them of the file and any related problems that might cause this

you might get the info you are lookin for there and reasons as why it is causing the error

for this sounds like it is an application error that is related to the program and not an issue of windows

i may be wrong !!!!

but the makers of the program should be able to answer your questions , if not check back you may find that you may have other advice waiting here

Mike
Old 09-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #3

Oops. Sorry. What I meant was I want to determine which actual file, the .sys or .dll file, that caused the crash. The BSOD displays the file, but not long enough to remember it. Now I want to know a way to see that error message again. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

This should help :
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263
https://www.memecode.com/docs/minidump.php

which reminds me I still have to learn about how to read those files...
Old 09-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #5

hello ,

okay , what you need to do is

steps
--------------

start

right click ( my computer

in the drop down menue click on ( properties

click on(advanced

click on ( start up & recovery

deselect (automatically restart

reboot

Mike
Old 09-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
This should help :
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263
https://www.memecode.com/docs/minidump.php

which reminds me I still have to learn about how to read those files...
Thanks justpassingby, that's exactly what I needed.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #7
techpro5238

It has come to my attention that you have either experienced many or just one BSoD (Blue Screen of Death). To figure out what file or piece of hardware is causing this I will need your minidump files to work with. I will use these files to read what was on your RAM when the exception at the Kernel happened. I will use the program WinDbg to do this. Please follow the below steps for me to obtain your dump files.

I would like you to go to:
  • Start
  • Run
  • Type in Explorer and click Ok

Then I would like you to enter this into the address bar or go to this directory:

C:\Windows\Minidump

When succesfully navigated to this folder I would like you to move all of these files onto your desktop and creat a new Zip folder called "Minidump Files." Place your Minidumps into this Compressed Zip Folder and upload it to the TSF Server in your next post including more information on what has happened since my last post. The second method is that you can upload the same Zip Folder to another file sharing server like Microsoft Skydrive if you have a Windows Live Account so I can download it there to.

That is my Read Minidump files speech for people experiencing BSoD's. Do not post yours but use the top paragraph for information.

Closed Thread