Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] computer wont load past windows logo screen

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] computer wont load past windows logo screen within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I dont know alot about computers so please bare with me. I deleted alot of old programs (such as games

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #1

I dont know alot about computers so please bare with me. I deleted alot of old programs (such as games etc) which I do not use anymore, *through the control panel add/remove programs*, then did a virus scan, and deleted what was found, and decided to go to www.microsoft.com and get the sp3.. after I installed, when I restarted my computer later, it gave me a black screen saying that it was shut down unexpectedly, and offers safe modes, last good config, and start normally, I have tried all three options, with safe mode, it freezes the computer, with the other two, it boots to the windows logo screen, then it will restart the entire system. Is there any way to fix this? I did not get windows disks or anything like that when I bought the computer, I did create recovery disks, but have since lost one of them, so they aren't much help.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

lickitysplit87,

It's going to be difficlt without the XP CD, as that has the Recovery Console that we need in order to get your computer past the logo screen and into the OS.

Have a read here. If you feel confident that you can get the ISO burnt to disk, come back and we'll continue.

https://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=150212
Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #3

POADB, thank you for your reply, but i read somewhere lastnight that the safemode could just take alot longer and it not actually freeze, so i loaded windows in safemode,and left it after about 30 minutes it did let me in. so i did a system restore, and now it appears to be working - but i will be re-burning the recovery disks and putting them somewhere safe. once again thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Welcome. Glad to hear things are better again.
Closed Thread