Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

slow upload speed from internet

This is a discussion on slow upload speed from internet within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm currently trying to get an importnt postion for a job but it requires a upload speed of 635-640.But my

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm currently trying to get an importnt postion for a job but it requires a upload speed of 635-640.But my computer upload speed is currently 437.10 ,what can literally make my upload speed run faster? PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE,THANKX!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Ultimately the upload and download speeds you get are determined by your Internet connection. You need to contact your ISP to find out the normal upload speed for your connection. If your speed is substantially slower than this your computer or other hardware may have issues. But in most cases you would need to buy a faster connection from your ISP.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

There is not any way to make your internet or download speeds faster the only way is which was suggested by Lmiller7 is to upgrade your internet speed. If you believe you should have higher speeds from your ISP from your contract or agreement then you should call them to see if there might be a connection problem. Or your computer can not handle the bandwidth.

Seems you may have DSL. DSL is slow to my opinion trying to get all that bandwidth and packets in a wire that is a smaller gauge than a few nm. High speed cable internet or a T1 or T2 line is the way to go.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

If you are using ADSL then upload speed will be substantially slower than download. This in fact implied in the name and an inherent characteristic. For most home and small business uses this is not a problem as most people download far more data than they upload. In most cases upload is used primarily for such things as sending email and the request for web pages.

Unless your computer or associated hardware has serious issues, which would likely have a grater effect on download speeds, the only solution is a usually faster Internet connection. Check with your ISP to determine what is normal and ask them to check if you have substantially less.
Closed Thread