Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Should I Delete "Documents and Settings\Username/Local Settings\Temp"

This is a discussion on Should I Delete "Documents and Settings\Username/Local Settings\Temp" within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I Need Help! I was wondering if it is a issue to delete files in "Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp". I

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

I Need Help!
I was wondering if it is a issue to delete files in "Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp". I am really looking if it is safe to delete the "Documents and Settings\Kenny Hartwick\Local Settings\Temp" files.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
CCT
Helper

I don't know who Kenny Hartwick is, but deleting temp files is NOT a problem. Just get his permission, willya.

:)

edit: if you click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Cleanup you'll run a nice little routine that lets you select those, among other, files to remove as well as a file compactor for rarely used files.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

In addition to what CCT said, you can download CCleaner and Analyze your drive and Run Cleaner. These are the only safe methods for deleting Temp files.
Closed Thread