Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Screen rotation options not working

This is a discussion on Screen rotation options not working within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear all, I recently installed a new monitor on a system of mine. For certain reasons it has to be

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Dear all,

I recently installed a new monitor on a system of mine. For certain reasons it has to be installed upside down.

The computer is used to remotely link to another computer running winXP using a network. This network does not have access to the internet.

The keyboard shortcuts dont work (ctrl+alt+arrow). I cannot get access to advanced settings in the display tab, even though I am logged in as admin, it is greyed out. I cant find any graphics control programs.

I tried installing a couple of programs. One that I managed to install is called Pivot but when I press the rotate buttons nothing happens.

I just keep coming to dead ends! Is there another way to rotate the screen? A command I can use?

I did not install this system so there may be some settings I need to change or something.

Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
The computer is used to remotely link to another computer running winXP
You did not say what is the Make and Model of the computer the screen is attached to or what version of Windows that computer is running, you only mentioned the remote computer has XP.
Does the computer the screen is attached to show the screen rotated properly? Is the monitor plugged into a Separate Video card? Or are you using the onboard VGA port?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Im not totally clued up on this system but I will try answer your questions.

So, linked to the monitor is a HP pc running Linux. We use this to remote into a PC elsewhere running WinXP. There is also another monitor in another location linked to another pc runnng linux with the monitor the correct way around. If I flip the one I have here I suppose this other one will be upside down but thats ok.

The computer that these monitors are for is a Fujitsu Primergy TX100 S1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you don't have access the the remote HP computer, it would be difficult to diagnose the problem.
Why does the monitor have to be upside down? Is the monitor properly rotated in Linux? Does the HP have a separate video card? What is the make and model# or the video card or VGA adapter? Is the video adapter driver installed on the remote computer?
If you can't answer these questions, then it is nearly impossible to diagnose.