Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Regional Language Options Help

This is a discussion on Regional Language Options Help within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been trying to run some Japanese-made programs in Windows, and to do that it's necessary to switch my regional

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #1

I've been trying to run some Japanese-made programs in Windows, and to do that it's necessary to switch my regional language options over to Japanese. I switched everything over and restarted my computer. The Eastern languages should already be installed. Everything seemed fine, but as soon as I try to use a program, the language switches back to English.

Please help if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Security Team
Visiting Trainee (247)

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/309433
Old 03-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #3

Thanks, guess I'll try to use the registry editor, even though that makes me anxious....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #4

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Security Team
Visiting Trainee (247)

well, when you type start then run and regedit. higlight the computer icon and then click file and export. this will backup your registry. i would recommend to save the file on c drive and give it an easy name. as long as you follow the instruction correctly you shouldn't have trouble. i would also try changin the language in safemode. when your pc starts tpye f8 and then choose safe mode.
Closed Thread