Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Realtek HD Audio Install Error

This is a discussion on Realtek HD Audio Install Error within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I found that with the Realtek HD Audio drivers my sound is low and microphone is barely audible, so I

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

I found that with the Realtek HD Audio drivers my sound is low and microphone is barely audible, so I uninstalled them and installed the AC97 drivers hoping that would fix the problem. Well, it didn't.

When I uninstalled those and went to reinstall my HD audio drivers (from device manager), halfway through installation my computer gets the blue screen of death and shuts down. Microsoft calls them 'stop errors'. So now I'm without sound altogether. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Running Windows XP with SP2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Registered Member

I googled my problem and apparently it's a known problem and I downloaded a hotfix or whatever it's called and it didn't work... any ideas anyone?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Ok, so I went into safe mode and tried to install the drivers and it worked! Only problem is when I go to run windows normally it begins loading then shuts down, so I had to uninstall the drivers again... SO still no sound, no further, PLEASE someone help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
Registered Member

Nevermind, fixed it. I needed a certain version of the realtek drivers but I found them everything's fine. Seriously everyone you can calm down now.
Closed Thread