11-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Join Date: Aug 2008
I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple of days that i decided not to use it, but now:
- a few programs take forever to load or don't load at all, but they do show up under the processes tab in the task manager
- after pressing Ctrl Alt Del, the task manager icon appears in the system tray, but the thing only shows up a minute later
- my system recovery is "not able to protect my computer," and restarting does nothing
- actually, when restarting or shutting down Windows, it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor [which is still able to move] and nothing else after that, so i have to hold the power button and force it to shut off
- when I right click the desktop and click on "Properties..." [or something similar to this action] it doesn't show up at all, and whenever I try to open any application after that, they don't even load at all either
- and probably other stuff that I haven't took note of yet...
Things i've tried to get rid of these problems:
- Virus scan with avast!, a couple viruses found and fixed, but nothing changed.
- disk clean up, nothing changed
- registry clean, nothing changed
- CURRENTLY defragging my C drive, hope something changes..
Anyone know what the heck's going on!?
Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next?
Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated!