Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Problem with booting

This is a discussion on Problem with booting within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. >Dear, I hope that You can help me with my laptop problem. Few days ago I connected new wireless mouse

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

>Dear,

I hope that You can help me with my laptop problem.

Few days ago I connected new wireless mouse (TRUST), blue screen appeared (massage was "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_EQUAL) and after that I could not boot WindowS (XP) in Normal Mode, but Safe Mode was available.

I tried to create usb bootable drive with XP on it, cd-rom not available, and I was successful.

After I copied files from USB, tried to repair Windows without reinstalling.

But now safe mode is not reachable, when it comes to boot it from usb (USB HARD DISK, as it says in boot option) there is only a black screen with starting line in the top left corner.

If I switch boot on laptop hard, Windows start to loop.

Can you help me?

On the usb is bootable Windows, created by PowerIso.

Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Try a Repair Install of XP.
If that fails, back up your files, and boot off of the XP installer and where you get to the part where it asks where to install Windows, then Delete all the partitions, Create a New partition, Format it NTFS and reinstall Windows XP.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

I did that, and after as writen... Now can not do anything on computer, only line in top left corner...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
I did that
Did what? There were two solutions to try?
Boot off of the XP CD and get to the Recovery Console: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-ente...onsole-2624534
At the RC Command Prompt (ie) C:\Windows type
chkdsk /R and press enter., Now type a Y to Unmount the drive. Check Disk will go thru 5 stages and take a long while. When that is done Try to boot normally.
If that fails, back at the RC Command Prompt type
Fixboot and press enter, try to boot normally.If that fails, type
FixMBR and press enter, agree, try to boot normally. If that fails, type
Bootcfg /rebuild and press enter https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-and-its-uses
Try to boot normally.