Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

problem installing Win XP

This is a discussion on problem installing Win XP within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have got a Biostar K8m800 motherboard which working fine till I formatted my Hard Disk (IDE) for Virus Problem

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have got a Biostar K8m800 motherboard which working fine till I formatted my Hard Disk (IDE) for Virus Problem , now I cant install win xp on to it and its getting hang when setup starting or If already installed hard disk installed its going to show a blue screen and so on what could be the sol?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

The drive may be failing . . You can run diagnostics on the hard drive by downloading Seatools and making a bootable disc. Do the short and long test.

If either test fails, the drive needs to be replaced.

See this for how to make a bootable cd:

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...le-341778.html

Old 12-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Check Bios SETTING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 AM   #4
Elite Commander

My System

Send a message via MSN to VividProfessional

could aldo be a faulty stick of RAM
Old 12-02-2016, 01:46 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
If already installed hard disk installed its going to show a blue screen
You cannot put a HDD with Windows on it that was installed on a different computer and expect this computer to boot.
When Windows installs, it takes a snapshot of the hardware, motherboard etc and loads drivers specific to that hardware during the install. If you remove that HDD and place it into a different computer, when the computer starts to load Windows, it will look for the previous hardware not find it and it will BSOD.
Quote:
could aldo be a faulty stick of RAM
Remove all of the RAM sticks except one. Download the ISO image for Memtest, Burn it to CD using IMGBurn both available in my signature or use their Auto Installer for USB Key. Boot off of the newly created media and run the tests for at least 7 passes each on each stick of RAM separately. If you get any errors (Red) in the bottom pane, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced.
Also, check your XP disc for smudges or hairline scratches.
If the RAM and the CD test good, then Run Seatools short and long tests on the HDD. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.