Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

problem in going into bios of my laptop

This is a discussion on problem in going into bios of my laptop within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. sir the problem i m facing is that previously i used to use ubuntu 15.05 but then it caused a

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Smile

sir the problem i m facing is that previously i used to use ubuntu 15.05 but then it caused a problem of "low graphics" which lead me to install windows ultimate but it never goes to bios ter pressing "f2" so i pressed "f12" to go to the multiboot option and pressed boot from usb drive and it started to boot but it does not install well so started to install windows xp and it installed perfectly but i am still not able to enter into the bios pressing "f2" and its showing dhcp//// i.e. its booting from network how can i solve this sir? thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160523_172112.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	282546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160523_172129.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	282554  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

I would suggest defaulting the BIOS by removing battery and AC power then holding down the power button for more than 30 seconds. Once completed, reinstall battery and connect AC power then use OKR (One Key Recovery) button next to the power button to start the Lenovo notebook. Here you can choose to enter the Bios. When you are in BIOS / UEFI check your boot process and disable Secure Boot. Go to the Boot tab, select UEFI bios and change it to Legacy. Save and Exit. Boot from the Windows install media, choose your Language, do Custom Install, when it asks where to install Windows choose Drive Options and delete all partitions on the drive and go next. Windows will create the partitions and format them during the install.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-...m/td-p/1232691

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search