Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Problem booting windows disc for repair

This is a discussion on Problem booting windows disc for repair within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a missing NTLDR problem. I know the steps to fix this. But when i boot windows disc. It

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a missing NTLDR problem. I know the steps to fix this.
But when i boot windows disc. It gives me the option of pressing F2.... That does nothing because i need another disc. So i let it load the files normally. And it guides me directly to 3 hard drives. (My harddrives) Here is the problem. I donīt know what to do. I donīt know if iīm doing it wrong, if i went too far away. Or if iīm too early
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. By pressing R (follow the steps in the link provided)
Old 05-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. By pressing R (follow the steps in the link provided)
The problem is. it loads the files just fine and never gives me the opportunity of pressing R. meaning step 3 never appears. Instead it gives me the list of my hard drives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2
Hi Everybody, I have this issue with my computer: Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2 have been detected by Antivir and, though removed, reappear at the PC reboot. Avira RealTime Protection keeps sending alerts, detecting unspecified viruses with access denied. Several of the directories...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-15-2012 12:19 PM
Suspected Malware In Neighbors Computer
I originally went to fix his printer but I think that is being affected by malware. The things I think are fishy is whitesmoke toolbar and something called yontoo. I ran his antivirus and cleaned up what it found. Windows install CD is a no for now, I have asked him if he has it and but he is...
kmssd Resolved HJT Threads 20 01-03-2012 08:44 PM
Some kind of redirect on computer (Monster Marketplace)
I don't know how this happened, but something has gotten into my computer that constantly redirects anything I click on. If I enter a search in the box, that does OK, but whenever I click on anything, there's a high likelihood that what I've clicked on won't come up - quite often, Monster...
Calgirl Resolved HJT Threads 198 05-23-2011 07:01 AM
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 05:27 AM
Virus keeps redirecting google and bing to other sites.
After opening a "bad" site two days ago, a virus/malware keeps redirecting google and Bing searches to other sites. The Google page comes up but then when you click on a link, it redirects you to a page you don't want. Also keep getting a script error that concides with a "site visited" going to...
tommylow97 Resolved HJT Threads 65 04-13-2011 09:03 PM