Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Problem after using free PDF to Word converter

This is a discussion on Problem after using free PDF to Word converter within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I used a trial version of PDF to Word Converter. Every time is used the program, it asked for my

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #1

I used a trial version of PDF to Word Converter. Every time is used the program, it asked for my views/opinion and contact details, which i avoided. But every time when i used Word, "Open PDF" message/sub menu appeared in the File Menu of Word. The message/sub menu "Open PDF" went on increasing in number in File Menu. Disturbed over it, i uninstalled the Trial version of PDF to Word Converter. After that it stopped asking my contact details but that messages/sub menus "Open PDF" are still there. I tried uninstalling MS Office 2003 and re-installed but could not get rid of the problem. You are requested to help me out of this problem. Thanks

Manmohan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, looks like some bad code you have a universal template in word called Normal.dot this appears to have become corrupted. We don't see that much of this in 2003 certainly it was common in earlier versions of word. The fix is still the same though. You will need to go to control panel folder options and under view put a check next to "show hidden files and folders" then do a search for Normal.dot. when you find it make sure word is closed and right click select "delete". Restart word and a new universal template (Normal.dot) will be created should have no references to the offending PDF reader.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #3

Thanks for such a prompt reply Jenae,

I tried the solution suggested by you but to my surprise i was unable to search Normal.dot. Please advise further. Hoping for a prompt reply again. Thanks once again.

Manmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenae View Post
Hi, looks like some bad code you have a universal template in word called Normal.dot this appears to have become corrupted. We don't see that much of this in 2003 certainly it was common in earlier versions of word. The fix is still the same though. You will need to go to control panel folder options and under view put a check next to "show hidden files and folders" then do a search for Normal.dot. when you find it make sure word is closed and right click select "delete". Restart word and a new universal template (Normal.dot) will be created should have no references to the offending PDF reader.
Closed Thread