Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Printer wants to print PDF files.

This is a discussion on Printer wants to print PDF files. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Whenever I choose to print from a web page for some reason instead of just printing a PDF format of

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Whenever I choose to print from a web page for some reason instead of just printing a PDF format of the web page always opens. I do see instructions to press CONTROL SHIFT and PRINT. That works. But, why should I have to do that? Used to just hit print and the web page would print.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Your Default printer is probably your Adobe Virtual Printer
Go to Start/Devices and Printers and right click your actual printer and make it Default, so there is a green check next to it.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Your Default printer is probably your Adobe Virtual Printer Go to Start/Devices and Printers and right click your actual printer and make it Default, so there is a green check next to it.
I deleted the Adobe printer because I do not have a printer by that name. There is a check mark by the actual printer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 03:29 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

The Adobe printer is a virtual printer, it is installed by the Adobe Acrobat program which allows you to print to a PDF document. As long as your real printer is set to Default, the Adobe printer is safe, and great to use if you want to create a PDF from a Word or Text document. (eg) choose Print and choose to Print to Adobe Printer which will create a PDF instead of printing it.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible crss infection
Its been a long time sine I have had any problems I am super careful but got an email with a link and along with a [email protected], I clicked it and as it was launching my browser I closed it. I figured I kept any issues out since it did nto launch my browser. I may have been wrong. I use panda for...
Jkirwin Resolved HJT Threads 18 12-22-2015 06:37 PM
infected with javaws.exe
i have 33 programs installed but task manager shows %100 usage with no programs running. there are so many instances of javaws.exe running i can't count them. when i googled it one of the possible ways to remove led me to a program that didn't even identify it. :banghead: i tried adaware and...
imchar Inactive Malware Help Topics 5 09-23-2015 02:56 PM
Malware/Adware - Ads placed on web pages
Hello, I seem to have gotten some sore of computer infection. I know so by the fact that most of the web pages I go to are placed with ads inside of them that aren't actually supposed to be a part of them. Very weird. Seems to slowed down loading as well but could just be my mind playing tricks...
ca4224 Resolved HJT Threads 26 11-16-2012 05:00 AM
Virus plays random audio ads
Hello, I have had this virus a few times before, and usually would simply system restore and it went away. However, this time I've been doing a lot recently and don't want to have to reinstall or re download all my stuff, so any advice I could get would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I'll be...
Deatho Resolved HJT Threads 24 07-23-2012 11:16 AM
Internet Explorer Loads & Uses Tons of Memory
Internet Explorer runs on it's own--in the background--and uses tons of memory. This is similar to a problem that a user named MalusCalibur had back in 2008. IE loads up and runs from 30K and climbs to anywhere from 100-300K of Memory. I've quelled this problem by constantly having Windows...
Deeke777 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 35 06-26-2012 01:11 PM