Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

"Press any key to boot from CD" does not respond to Keyboard

This is a discussion on "Press any key to boot from CD" does not respond to Keyboard within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I am having the most peculiar issue. My computer responds just fine to my PS2 keyboard durring the Post

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #1

Hello,

I am having the most peculiar issue.
My computer responds just fine to my PS2 keyboard durring the Post as well as BIOS. But as soon as I try to install windows and the "press any key to boot from CD" dialog comes up my computer refuses to respond to keyboard commands (the 3 periods appear and it states that it can not boot).

I tried multiple Keyboards all the same issue.

You help is so much appreciated,
- Erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Create boot disks, floppies. Thats how I get around issues like that, with
xp, and 2000. Takes six floppy discs.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

In the BIOS enable USB Legacy support. Connect a USB keyboard and try it. You may have a problem with the PS2 port on your computer (not an uncommon problem).

"Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked!"

Please don't send me PM's for support. Post in the forums for everyone to benefit.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I read all your stickys, please look at my hijack this file.
Hello, Ive gone through all the steps suggested and even used more.. I keep getting around 10 adware/spyware results in spybotS+D after restarting my computer. I have seen up to 51 processes running and I only have few legit programs in startup. Im pretty sure that some of these...
brandonj Resolved HJT Threads 8 12-23-2006 01:48 AM
Trouble With iexpl0re.exe
so i've had this computer since july and its already totally messed up, basically when i start i get the "60 seconds till shutdown" with the error message "services.exe" and error code "1073741819". So i'm having to run in safe mode as in normal mode no programs are running at all really. ...
PinguPingu Resolved HJT Threads 32 11-14-2006 10:58 AM
My IE very slow but Netscape runs well
Good evening all. Been awhile since I've been here. Lately my IE is terribly slow but I use Netscape mostly and that's real fast. I'm wondering if I have an issue. My 16 yr old used my computer for some homework and I know he was on the Internet researching. Ever since, I've had problems. I...
Deeds Inactive Malware Help Topics 14 01-27-2006 11:36 AM
Acer Laptop running slow, Copy
Yeah i just read about how we're not meant to post Hijack this logs in another forum so im just copying what i wrote there into here. hey ive got an acer laptop aspire 1680i centrio 1.6Hz 512mb 60gigs, 4gigs left on C drive, around 1.5gigs on d drive. the problem is that the whole computer...
p10lak Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 10-09-2005 05:29 AM