Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Performance Issues: Please help

This is a discussion on Performance Issues: Please help within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Lately, I have noticed performance issues on my Windows XP Media Center edition. I used to be on XP home,

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #1

Lately, I have noticed performance issues on my Windows XP Media Center edition. I used to be on XP home, then I decided to try out vista, then from Vista I proceeded into X64, and then now to media center. I had never had any problems like the ones I have experienced lately.. Here's my problem:

I have been experiencing very very slow performance on my computer, but the biggest thing I notice is when I go onto internet pages and try and scroll down. I have a DSL connection and always have a very high connection so it has nothing to do with my internet, I also have other people on the router who have none of these problems, and I also had none of these problems before. As I scroll down on a page it lags the screen and then if I keep going fast it will give a system beep. I am wondering if possibly my processor or ram is messed up, or if X64 bit may have messed up my processor by activating the 64 bit part and now moving back? I have looked all over and found no solution to this problem, please help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

Make sure you have the newest video drivers to fix your scroll lag problem.
Closed Thread