11-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Join Date: Nov 2010
First of all let me apologize for putting this in the XP forum. I'm tired and frustrated after trying all day to fix this problem so I'm desperate now and figured I'd get a quicker reply here. Also not sure if it's exclusively a problem with my connection/browsers.
Okay so my problem is that out of the blue google chrome stopped viewing pages. I get "Error 102" when I try to view a page. The annoying thing is it appears that Chrome isn't even attempting to load anything it just instantly displays this error. It was working literally 5 minutes before this error first appeared. I was using Firefox at the same time (I have different passwords saved for different sites on different browsers) so I have no idea if viewing something on FF could of caused this.
What I've tried so far:
- Making sure I have "automatically detect settings" enabled in every browser while making sure "use a proxy" is disabled.
- Disabling all anti virus/firewall software and making sure Chrome is a trusted application.
- Uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it
- Making sure nothing appears to be blocked router wise
- Checking and resetting hosts file
- Releasing and renewing IP
- Make sure SSL and T-something is enabled in browser settings
- Currently running a Malware scan with MalwareBytes but surely any malware would simply change my browsers proxy settings which I've already checked.
I can browse normal pages on Firefox but when I try to view HTTPS secure pages I get "Unable to display page" "Firefox was unable to establish a connection". Also when I try to update any software like Spyware Doctor it is unable to establish a connection. I can't log into facebook or my e-mail.
I had to sign up to these forums on my laptop which incidentally uses the same connection as my desktop so I guess the problem is exclusive to my desktop.
Thanks for any help guys.