I updated to Service Pack 3 after a battle with some serious Trojans on a client laptop and now it keeps failing to install the security updates for office 2003?
any suggestions? i have tried disabling Microsoft services>restarting>then install updates and i have also tried:
1. Go Start > Run.
2. In the box type REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL > Enter.
3. A message saying, "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" will appear > OK.
4. Now it is necessary to repeat these steps for each of the following files commands (hitting Enter after each line):
Once finished; since the temporary folder of Windows Update may be corrupted, please carry out the following steps to rename the folder:
1. Go Start > Run > in the box type cmd > Enter.
Type the following command in the open panel.
net stop WuAuServ
( Please Note: the computer may need to be rebooted before the net stop command will work.)
2. Go Start > Run > type in the box %windir% > Enter.
3. In the opened folder, rename the folder ( by Right clicking) SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.
4. Go Start > Run > type in cmd > Enter. In the open command pane, please type:
net start WuAuServ
Once thatís done, Go Start > All Programs > Windows Updates and see if it will allow the downloading/installation of Windows Updates.
but that didnt work either..