Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No sound

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jmacmann 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I've tried everything I can think of to get the sound back on my Dell Latitude C640 laptop. I've uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the one from Dell indicated by the Belarc advisor. I've used Everest Home Edition and compared the output to an identical system we use in the office.

I believe the problem lies with the fact that the PCI device is not showing the Intel 82801CAQ ICH3-S - AC'97 Audio controller [B-1]. I've tried going to the Intel website to download any driver they may have, but site indicates they don't provide drivers and to contact the maker of your system. I've looked at the Dell site, downloaded the sound driver and still "no sound".

I've also checked to ensure my plug and play emulator is installed. Currently attempting to find another suitable sound driver to see if that helps me solve the problem. My Operating system is XP- SP2. The Belarc advisor identified the Multimedia device as Crystal WDM Audio Codec whereas the Everest Home edition didn't show any information under the Multimedia Windows Audio tab or the PCI/PNP Audio tab. The DirectX sound diagnostic indicates it found only the primary sound driver and not the crystal wdm audio. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.