Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

No Internet Connection

This is a discussion on No Internet Connection within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Lenovo Laptop model 300x. I am running windows XP. It has been set to factory new. However,

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 07:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Lenovo Laptop model 300x. I am running windows XP. It has been set to factory new. However, I can not get a connection to the internet either wired or wireless. Can anyone help. Thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, any devices with yellow flags need to have drivers installed, especially Under Network Adapters.
On an internet computer, go to the Lenovo site, Laptops-and-netbooks :: ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops :: ThinkPad-X300 - Lenovo Support (US) Choose Windows XP 32bit as your Windows OS. Download the Intel Wireless LAN, and the Intel PRO100/LAN and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager, save them to a USB Flash Drive and transfer and install them to the troubled computer.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Here's the link to your Lenovo Thinkpad 300x laptop. Laptops-and-netbooks :: ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops :: ThinkPad-X300 - Lenovo Support (US)

At the top, the OS is defaulted to Windows 10 but go ahead and change it to Windows XP 64bit or 32bit. Download the latest ethernet drivers and wifi drivers from a working computer and save it via USB flash drive.

Install the ethernet drivers and wifi drivers for your computer and see if that helps get your computer connected to the internet.

Hope everything works out well for you.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: My PC is running very slow!
See original threads https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trojan-horse-generic_r-bat-660143.html www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f112/my-pc-is-running-very-slow-660313.html Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the DDS and GMER software and ran the scans as instructed. All the scans went...
Hairymartin1966 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 20 08-22-2012 04:37 PM
search netsite virus
I am having trouble with the browser redirect virus. When I click a website on the google search page it takes me to search netsite webpage. If I paste that url directly there is no issue. Tried all anti virus, malware, spyware, combifix and so on.. nothing works pls help
amy123a Inactive Malware Help Topics 25 03-20-2012 10:58 PM
Wired Internet Connection Dropping Out
Hey Guys, Recently I've been having alot of trouble with my wired internet connection. Before I describe my specs, I'll just explain what the problem is. Basically for no apparent reason one day when I came home several weeks ago my wired internet connection has become almost unuseable. The...
dandaman208 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 07-15-2011 03:42 PM
Windows XP Fix
I have got this intruder on my computer. I cannot access the internet or anything else. I was going to do a system restore, but I cannot get to it. I do have another computer with Vista, but I need the XP computer for work. Please help!
mishamisha Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-14-2011 06:36 PM
Tweeking My Internet Connection Settings after connection setup & configuration
I am trying to "tweek" my internet connection settings. My internet connections have aready been setup, configured, & web page access tested on both my Wi-Fi signal & my Wired ethernet connection independently and don't need help to setup my netbook for connecting to the internet for the first...
Chris Canfield Networking Support 2 06-07-2011 10:14 PM