Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Need info on how to remove program

This is a discussion on Need info on how to remove program within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I hope this is the right place for this question. It doesn't seem to be browser-related, more of an XP

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

I hope this is the right place for this question. It doesn't seem to be browser-related, more of an XP issue, I think.

I've been using MediaImpressions 2.0 to download photos from my Pentax digital camera to my computer. I'm no longer able to call up the program by clicking on it in the Start menu or the quick-launch on the desktop. The program is still listed when I go to Add and Remove Programs in the Control Panel. However, when I tried to remove it (with the idea of reloading it from the disc supplied with the camera), I get the message "An installation support file could not be created. The system cannot find the file specified".

I've had no luck trying to use the disc to reinstall MI 2.0, which I'm assuming is because it's still listed in Add and Remove Programs. Can anyone advise me how to go about removing it so I can try reinstalling it?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3293 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 446743 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, G41M-P23 (MS-7592)
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Start in Safe Mode. Find the folder ArcSoft MediaImpression 2.0 and delete it and its contents. Go into the Registry and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Microsoft-windows-CurrentVersion-Uninstall] everything connected with ArcSoft MediaImpression 2.0

Make sure you back up the Registry key first: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for your advice, Corday. I've managed to delete and reinstall the Media Impressions 2.0 program. All is well.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adobe reader
Can someone lead me thru installation of Adobe reader? I have removed the old version, which did not work, by deleting it from the program files. Control panel said it did not exist. If I now ask for the newest version, it gives me DC, which won't install because a newer version is already...
Gene145 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 07-03-2015 12:17 PM
not able to copy and paste or drag and drop
Wondering if someone can help me out , been trying to solve this on my own but no luck! Basically my copy and paste doesn't seem to be working (only on notepad) can not copy and file and paste it at all and also been trying to move files ,say for instance a file from my picture folder to desktop....
minnie2012 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 06-22-2012 01:01 AM
[SOLVED] Network disconnect 4-6 times a day
Hello! I'm using a Thompson DCM475 modem and a D-Link DIR-655 router with updated firmware. It's been 8 months now, and the problem started about two months ago. On average 5 times a day, the whole network would disconnect from the internet. Below is the log from the router: info Jul 1...
baozilla Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 14 05-10-2012 12:38 PM
Windows explorer keep crashing on right click.
I have this problem for more than a week. 1) when i right -clcik any (well, may be some) executable file to install the program the windows goes as not responding and comes with error. Detail of report is as follows: But when i just double click on file....It works just fine. Problem...
drosera01 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 12-07-2011 07:17 AM
Slower comp and unknown virus emails sent
Lately my computer has been running slower than usual and I have been told my computer has been sending out emails to all my contacts with suspicious links/attachments. If someone could help with this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it! P.S. USADisk is an Asian program that I know and use -- just...
mousemk Inactive Malware Help Topics 14 09-20-2011 04:56 AM