Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Need help with Explorer File Search

This is a discussion on Need help with Explorer File Search within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I cannot remember but thought I did something trying to make xp's explorer file search like that of windows 2000.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

I cannot remember but thought I did something trying to make xp's explorer file search like that of windows 2000. I did right on one of my laptop but not quite right on the one I'm using now.

What happened is that when I select file searech in the right mouse button menu, it pop up a search window like this:

I have to click use Search Companion to get another file search window
because I can only do the search with the 2nd window.

My question: Is there a way to get rid of the 1st window, directly have the 2nd window at the first place? It drives me crazy every time I see the 1st window:(

Thanks a lot for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	search_1.gif
Views:	41
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	302617   Click image for larger version

Name:	search_2.gif
Views:	41
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	302625  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs Uninstall Windows Search. This was an Optional Windows Update that "Improved" the old search. I used to uninstall this newer version on all my XP computers, or not install it in the first place.,

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD with new vegas
Hi, I usually played this game fine, it BSOD a couple of time during gameplay but they were always isoleted accidents. Now I've re installed it and Every time I go out of the first building it BSOD after the loading screen. I've done a memory check and it came out without errors. Can someone...
Eingya PC Gaming Support 2 11-21-2012 03:31 PM
Computer boots to desktop, then shortly BSOD (Safe Mode Works)
This place I've heard, has an excellent reputation for helping poor technologically impaired haha, I hope I leave with that reputation in my head as positive still. Anyways A trojan on the computer is wrecking havoc I had Symantec Security which kinda sucks and failed me. Computer, loads up...
junkfooded Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 32 08-08-2012 06:43 PM
Random/rare STOP0x1E
Been fighting against this one for a while now and couldn't figure out the cause, especially since the crashes come and go and are very rare... anyway, here is the data: OS - Windows 7 x64 SP1 OEM (MSDNAA version) Age of system: one and a half years Age of OS installation: a month ...
Soukyuu BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-26-2011 11:16 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD problems.
Vista x64 What was original installed OS on system? None. Custom built. OEM: Full Retail Version Age of system (hardware): 3 years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 3 years. Yes. CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale Video Card: EVGA GEforce 8800 GT...
ajcc323 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 25 02-24-2011 04:31 AM