Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

need help with download?

This is a discussion on need help with download? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This Dell Inspiron 5100 says "In order to support WPA security in your system, please go to Microsoft ? Official

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

This Dell Inspiron 5100 says "In order to support WPA security in your system, please go to Microsoft ? Official Home Page to download and install Microsoft Hot
fix KB893357

I have been to microsoft and can not seem to find this download?

Is it because Windows XP is not being supported anymore?

Please help......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

The Hotfix is rolled up into XP SP3. Do you have XP SP3? If so, you don't need to download this Hotfix.
If you don't have XP SP3 download it now: Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 Final Build 5512 - FileHippo.com
Be sure to go to your computer/motherboard manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site and download the latest driver for your Wireless LAN Network driver to Support WPA2.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank You this was a BIG help ;-)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update acting weird!
I don't think this is a problem, more of a curiosity, hence posting here. If it turns out that it is a problem, I'll get someone to move it to the appropriate forum. Got a notification earlier that new updates are available. As you will see from the pics, "4 important updates available" but only...
Deejay100six Offline 13 04-09-2014 08:19 AM
Browsers unable to download files, "save as" window not showing
According to my download history (which I have cleared following other attempted solutions) my last download was 7 days ago. Since then, I have been unable to download files without using a non-browser download manager (I went through a complicated process of transferring a download manager from a...
DudeGoofyGuy Other Browsers 1 01-10-2013 08:19 AM
How To Improve Your Download and Upload Speed
Hi tech support forum. I wanna share some tips on the forums to help future users that might have questions. So without further ado: How To Improve Your Download and Upload (or how to have a faster internet connection) In this tutorial we’re going to cover how to improve your download and...
kytro360 Networking Support 2 12-28-2011 11:57 PM
HTTP download problems on domain with Win7
Hi all, Working on a network with approximately 20 workstations. 3 of them are Windows 7 Pro, the rest are XP Pro. All workstations connect through an SBS server (serving as a domain controller, DNS and DHCP server). WAN is a DSL modem connected to a SonicWall. No workstation has any issue...
abom Networking Support 12 03-24-2011 09:21 AM